Pages

Support Wikipedia

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Happenings and Remembrances

One year ago today...I watched the news like an eagle...tracking Katrina until the power went out. We wanted to see it up close and personal so we went to the levy and saw short little Anderson Cooper and his CNN crew. They interviewed us and I ripped my favorite pants hopping the fence to leave...got home and the roof was leaking...we climbed up in the attic to investigate, next thing I knew my leg had gone through the ceiling...there's still a "patch" there today where we never fully repaired it and the roof still leaks.

This weekend was cool. Saw my grandparents. Rode on the golf cart...A LOT. It's amazing how FUN those things can be. It was good "family" time. We camped out in grandpa's back yard with a huge campfire. I awoke to Woody Woodpecker pecking away above my head on one of grandpa's 20-foot pines. I never saw the long-anticipated Ivory Bill I hoped for. I think it was probably the Pilleated one anyway...what would be the odds...you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails