Pages

Support Wikipedia

Thursday, January 31, 2008

R.I.P. Zeke 8/10/03-1/30/08





He passed away last night. We had left him with the vet to try to get
him stabilized. I feel like he died feeling abandoned. I was going to
visit him today to bring him one of his daddy's shirts and to reassure
him that he was still loved. The vet called at 8 a.m. with the terrible
news. I'm so angry at the 1st vet we went to. He gave us advice that
was detrimental to Zeke's condition. He never should have had a steroid shot or been force-fed the Nutri-Cal. He needed immediate care to treat the Diabetes and Fatty Liver Disease. I wonder if we had gone to this
new vet in the 1st place if Zeke could have actually had a chance. I haven't told Mike the news yet...he will be devastated. He adopted him from a rescue organization when he was just a baby...they adored one another. The weirdest thing happened last night. I swear on
my Grandmother' s grave that I heard Zeke's distinctive meow. It gave me chills...I just wish he was still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails