Pages

Support Wikipedia

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Coincidence?



My mother is a HUGE fan of Edgar Cayce. From time to time she sends me quotes from him...today's:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Think on This ...
. . the church is within yourself and not in any pope nor preacher, nor in any building but in self! For thy body is indeed the temple of the living God, and the Christ becomes a personal companion in mind and in body; dependent upon the personality and individuality of the entity as it makes practical application of the tenets and truths that are expressed.

Edgar Cayce Reading 5125-1

Become part of the legacy.

This email was automatically generated by the Association for Research and Enlightenment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She has been talking about him for years, but it usually goes in one ear and out the other. I took a walk with Isaac today & contemplated why I'm so resentful & depressed about my past. I came home & found the above in my inbox. After reading it, something told me I need to just turn off the television. I decided to make it my New Year's Resolution. I went through the house turning off all of the tvs (we leave them on in each room for our animals...I know, kind of silly). Anyway, I decided to go and see what the skeptics say about this guy. What I found were the rigid Christian sect trying to debunk him. What I learned about him has actually fascinated me. His teachings are things I've thought all along. I read what Wikipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce) had to say & learned of the strangest thing; he talks about Atlantis & a rare blue stone, "In this regard Cayce also predicted the coming of a certain 'blue stone' of Atlantean origin, that was to be found on "an island in the Caribbean" and was to have the power to heal. In 1974 a Volcanic blue pectolite now known as the Larimar was found in the Dominican Republic. In occult circles this colored gemstone is said to have healing powers..."

The significance? Mike bought me that very stone for Christmas. Call it a coincidence, but it sure gave me goose pimples!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails