Pages

Support Wikipedia

Monday, January 28, 2008

My kitty is dying




I am devastated. Our fat cat, Zeke is lifeless. I took him to the vet today and his kidneys are failing. He's up-to-date on his vaccines, but the vet feels that he has FIP...something he received a vaccine for 2/07. I can't even describe how much I love this kitty. He was almost 20 lbs and now he's not even 12. He's only 4 1/2 years old...too young to die. The vet said that he was terminal...all we can do is try to make him comfortable. He has masses that the vet believes are tumors...I just don't understand how this happened. He had been losing weight over the past couple of weeks, but I had thought that was a good thing since he's overweight. I wish I had paid more attention to him. I wish there was more I could do. I'm thinking of taking him to another vet tomorrow...just in case. I want to feel like I've done everything within my control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails