Pages

Support Wikipedia

Friday, May 09, 2008

Crawling, teeth & scorpions?

Add to the list of creepy crawlies in my house a frickin scorpion! I was in my room & heard all of this banging going on. I got freaked out thinking maybe someone was trying to break in. I saw all of my cats acting nutty & ran & turned on the light in the utility room/office & there's a scorpion cornering my Siamese. It was running around and around. I grabbed the nearest deadly weapon I could find (my wallet) & smashed it over & over again. Talk about YUCK! Now my poor Himalayan is so scared she's darting all around the place trying to hide. Thanks a lot Orkin man.

On another note, the cable guy came today. He's of Native American descent. I asked him about the weird dreamcatcher hanging on my fence. I can't remember if I described it in the last blog or not. It's made of barbed wire with an Indian bead necklace, leather and/or animal skin & some type of animal fur (could be coyote, Mike actually saw one by the road today on his hour trek to work this morning) & bones. It also looks like rattlesnake skulls too. The cable guy said that there are a lot of superstitious farmers out here & he thought it was Indian & that it was probably to keep whatever is in it away. Interesting.

...and how about my little man!!! He's already CRAWLING this week AND has his first tooth AND can pull himself up to completely standing. When I yell at a kitty he's like my little sidekick & "yells" too. He LOVES the kitties. He chases them everywhere in his walker. He loves to play with Shiloh (the Siamese) especially since he's the only one who plays back. He lets him grab his paws & ears & doesn't scratch or bite him. So far noone has gotten hurt. He also loves our parrot. We no longer have our lovebirds. They've gone to live with their Auntie Starr. The parrot, Gigi, has her own bedroom, but I bring her out during the day to spend time with the rest of the family. Isaac LOVES her & tries to figure out how to get her cage apart (he's all about buckles & zippers & tags & things like that). I still have to get onto the cats when they get too close (and she lets me know by sneezing over and over again...either she's allergic to cats or it's a nervous tick, I dunno). Overall, though, everyone seems to be assimilating pretty well. The outdoor kitties aren't allowed out anymore because I truly fear for their lives out here. Now I have two alpha males duking it out day & night which is a pain, but they'll get over it eventually.

I went today & signed up at a gym. This one is for women only. It's a small little place & decorated kinda like a Moulin Rouge set. I get my first session on Monday. I will lose 30lbs before I return to Louisiana in 6 months, that's my goal. Wish me follow-through please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails