Pages

Support Wikipedia

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Wedding Headaches

I am glad I never became an event planner...and I'm definitely never doing THIS again! It was so much easier getting divorced than getting married! Mike & I had to go to Mississippi today to take care of wedding stuff...namely getting our blood tests transferred to MS & then applying for the marriage license. The fact that they even HAVE a blood test is rediculous...do they seriously have a problem with SYPHYLLIS there??? We had to go to their health dept. to transfer the tests. They said they only do them between 1 & 3...so we got there around 1:30. We couldn't even park the place was so packed! We walked into this tight little room PACKED with chairs, moms & kids with a few dads sprinkled here & there. Apparently this was the day that all of the kids would be getting shots for their school registration...that would've been a great piece of information to have before choosing this day of all days for us to go! We told the receptionist what we were there for & asked how long it would take (it was a 5 minute process of writing what we had on our paperwork on one of their forms & taking our money & saying "see ya later"). She said it shouldn't be long because they could pull it since we didn't actually have to see anyone. We saw some bitchy woman pull (what looked like) our file & throw it to the back and mutter something about the people that have been there all day. Two hours later I asked what the hell was going on because we still had to go to the courthouse to apply for our license. She said that they couldn't pull it after all, sorry. I was FURIOUS. I called the court to ask could we please go & apply for our license w/out their stupid blood tests because we'd never make it in time & she said that was fine, that I could bring the blood test later. I told the receptionist lady that I'd have to drive back from Louisiana to pick it up because we HAD to go. Interestingly, they pulled our file, filled out our paper & sent us on our way! Go figure. We got to the courthouse & the woman helping us was in LaLa Land. I repeated everything AT LEAST 5 times to her & she still got stuff wrong! After she got all of our information she asked could we come back to sign because their printer has been broken since Thursday. I thought the woman was nuts. I said that we live in LOUISIANA and NO WE COULD NOT JUST COME BACK. Mike took today & today only off of work to take care of this bullshit. Why the hell couldn't they tell us on the phone that their damn printer was broken?! Once again, I was furious. Finally the woman asked if we could come on a Saturday since they'd be there working elections. I have to go up there anyway the Saturday before the wedding for my hair & makeup consultation...so hopefully they'll have their shit together & everything will go smoothly. I swear, if I was a violent person someone would have been knocked out yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails