Pages

Support Wikipedia

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Yowsers

So this new job really takes me out of my comfort zones...BIG TIME! I have major public speaking issues...me & most of the world's population. I'm constantly trying to adapt & overcome, though, & this is the latest episode. I have to give a kind of first day/orientation speech to all of the new classes. I have been reading up on what in the hell to do...I mean I have a full blown PANIC ATTACK in front of the room...even if it's only 5 people! I went out & bought an easel & flip chart & made a cool presentation aid with clip art & stuff to guide me along. I still had the panic attack, but it wasn't an utter failure. All you can do is learn as you go...I am all ears for advice on what else I can possibly do! I used to teach aerobics & that was totally different. At least I was making my audience DO something. They weren't just sitting there looking at me. I HATE that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails