Pages

Support Wikipedia

Monday, February 27, 2006

Mardi Gras and Katrina

Mardi Gras and Katrina
Mike and I went to his step-dad's book signing in Slidell. Here are some links if you'd like to check it out. I just started reading his book yesterday. Mike and I are going to go to Acapulco with them in April, maybe. Can't wait!http://a1204.g.akamai.net/7/1204/1401/06011610011/images.barnesandnoble.com/images/10630000/10638325.jpg

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&isbn=0595378625&itm=12

The big Endymion Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans was cancelled, or Re-Scheduled (should I say) so we went to Chalmette instead. We went to see his late-grandmother's house and apartment complex there. I didn't realize that she lived right next to Murphy Oil. It was horrible. I can't even describe how awful...every single house was destroyed. You'd see the occasional FEMA trailor set up in a yard. Just being there was depressing, I couldn't imagine living there. We took pictures (I'll post them in my facebook album later). We both got light-headed...maybe from contamination, maybe from emotional effect...who knows? Then we needed alcohol, lots of it, so we headed to New Orleans and went to Margaritaville. Yum. Bourbon St. was nothing like it usually is. You could actually WALK rather than letting the human waves carry you. It was still loud and obnoxious, though. We ducked off and into an Irish Pub on some side street. There was a couple singing some Irish Folk songs. That got boring so we went back and went to Tropical Isle...Tropical Itch's are Delicious! It was pretty cool going back, but I really do hate New Orleans this time of year still.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails