Pages

Support Wikipedia

Monday, May 22, 2006

It's official and...I'm scarred for life.

We're ENGAGED!!!! I'll take a picture of the beautiful ring and post it for anyone that's interested in seeing! Now the wedding planning can officially begin! This is the real deal and I couldn't be more elated!!!

We went to Florida this weekend with my family and actually had a blast. Sunday, we were wrapping it up with some snorkeling on the bayside of Santa Rosa island. We snorkeled pretty far away from where we had set up camp. Mike proclaimed he'd seen all there was to see and got out and walked back. My brother and I wanted to stay longer (I wanted to show him some cool coral Mike had found the day before)...then we decided to go get my sister so she could see. Instead of swimming all the way back, we decided to follow Mike's lead and get out and walk back. I told Van to be careful not to touch the rocks because they were EXTREMELY sharp. Once he was safely out, I began my ascent. I was looking for a non-slimy rock to get a good footing, found it, pulled my other leg up and scraped it. It seemed fine. I took a few steps and looked down at the scrape. IT WAS HORRIBLE! I could see all that lovely meat under my skin with blood oozing out. I stayed calm and began walking very quickly to my family. The more steps I took, the fainter I felt. I collapsed on a bench and Dr. Mike fixed me up with some salt water rinse, baby wipes, and band-aids. Someone in the crowd had a 1/2 pain pill for me. We decided to wrap the trip up there and head home. I rode half way there in my wet bathing suit. Amazingly, I feel no pain. Of course, I'm still wearing the same bandages from yesterday. I'm too scared to take them off. My boss doesn't help today when he tells me that someone he knows had the same thing happen to them, but from barnacles on a boat and almost didn't survive due to some kind of viral or bacterial infection from the cut. Maybe I'll go to the Dr. Everyone says I definately need stitches anyway.

I had this feeling that someone would get hurt.

Lesson learned: swim to an exit that doesn't have rocks with sharp protruding seashells to get out of the water.

We had talked about getting tattoos, but couldn't find a place in Pensacola. Now I don't need one, I'm going to have an awesome-shaped scar for life-and it was completely free!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails