Pages

Support Wikipedia

Friday, May 19, 2006

Can't sleep...

I hate when I'm wide awake this late...it cuts into my required 8 hours of sleep damnit! I don't think I'm overly excited about going to Florida w/ my family this weekend. It's funny...all of these years and we've never gone on a vacation together. We decided to make it our Mother's Day treat. It'll be Mike & I, My sister, niece & nephew, My mom & stepdad & my brother. Everyone is so down in the dumps. Ayeyaiyai! It's amazing the holes we can dig ourselves into and then forget that we dug the hole ourselves and turn around and believe someone else put us there and we're trapped and can't get out.

My neighbor's dog comes to mind. All of this time I thought they had a fence ALL the way around their house because their dog, Bentley, is always back there. I knew they had an electric fence, but I thought it was just for keeping him out of the flower beds. One day he gets loose and I ask Mike how he got out. Apparently, the driveway was wide open with only the electric fence as a barrier. Well, it just happened to go out for a little while and Bentley figured it out somehow. All that time, the only thing that stood between that poor pup and freedom was a small shock that probably wouldn't have hurt that bad or lasted that long. It's ironic when you compare that to people and their prisons they lock themselves into. I mean, that we lock ourselves into. We're too afraid to experience some short term pain...even if it brings long-term benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails