Pages

Support Wikipedia

Thursday, April 20, 2006

They want me to talk to a reporter

I got an interesting call yesterday on my cell right as I was leaving work...this guy Ben from the Katrina Accountability Project. He says I wrote a moving statement on a petition that I had signed once about not being able to attend college without financial aid. After he jogged my memory, he proceeded to ask me if I'd be willing to talk to a reporter. Apparently they are going after Richard Baker, a Louisiana Congressman who was all about raising interest rates on college loans and decreasing financial aid...not cool. Ironically, it was this congressman that helped me out once when I was in a bind!!! When I got injured at Officer Candidate School in Quantico, my Officer Selection Officer's Office (I know, I know) was dragging ass in getting me medical help and disability pay right after I returned home. Baker's office called who needed to be called in D.C. and got shit taken care of! That was him helping me out at a personal level, but I don't really know much about him at a political level...just that he's Republican...and I am SO NOT! Now I've got to look into this further...it's about principle. I told the guy to send me more info. and I'd talk to a reporter, but I wanted to know more first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails