Pages

Support Wikipedia

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Reading the World as Symbol

I have begun an exciting journey into the unconscious. It is one we all take every night when we close our eyes. If everyone in the world dreams every single night, shouldn't we be paying attention? It is easy to dismiss our dreams as meaningless because we do not understand them, but we shouldn't. Our dreams give us an amazing insight into our true selves and even link us to the "collective unconscious". I will share my journey on this blog and my personal insights along the way.

If you are a beginner to understanding your dreams, the first step you can take is to start recording what you remember of your dreams in a dream journal. It is okay if it does not make any kind of sense to you. Concentrate on what you are feeling and thinking about as the dream is taking place. It will take some time before the dreams stick in your memory when you wake up. Practice makes perfect. I have been recording my dreams for over 10 years. It is amazing to look back on them and understand what they were telling me, but what I didn't get at the time. "Hindsight is 20/20". Wouldn't it be nice to understand yourself in the here and now rather than looking back and saying, "oh, NOW I get it...I wish I new THEN what I know now."? It is possible. Please take this journey within. It will change your life forever.

I've recently begun dream therapy with a professor that I happened across once again after taking his Kabbalah class almost five years ago, Rodger Kamenetz. I strongly recommend reading his book "The History of Last Night's Dream". You can view his website here .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails