Pages

Support Wikipedia

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

For the Greater Good

I was talking to a woman in my Notary class last night. This woman could be mistaken for an attorney because she knows SO MUCH about law. I was telling her about my job, complaining about my clients and such. She asked about my education and interests. She wanted to know what I was most interested in from my classes. My answer: PHILOSOPHY, but, I replied, where is the practicality in that? So I ended up in a bankruptcy law firm. Where is the greater good in this place? So many people flopping around, no eyes, ears, common sense...trying to get away with what they can. And I'm HELPING them. If I was the attorney, I'd discriminate! I'd only take the cases where there was a dire need...medical issues, a major catastrophe, something that put a normally hard-working, otherwise intelligent, good family in a bind. I WOULD NOT help these people who try to scam the system and waste our court system's time and resources. Maybe I'd be a poor attorney (financially speaking).

I want to work for the GREATER GOOD. I want my presence in the world to affect it in a positive way. I don't want to concentrate on the individual "trees" but, rather, the "forest".

Where do I belong???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails