Pages

Support Wikipedia

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Time flies and I made friends with a Bobcat!

Working 10 hours straight makes the week zoom past, but the weekend seems to move even quicker! Sunday I went with my friend Stephanie to see her sister and new baby in Walker, LA. When we were leaving this little animal jumped up on the porch and was running in between my legs rubbing all over them. I couldn't figure out what the hell it was! It was a baby somthing-or-other with a weird tail. I finally picked it up and realized it was a baby Bobcat kitten!!! Someone had chopped its whiskers off. It was so cuddly and purred a lot. While we were trying to figure out to do with it I played with it for a while. It acted just like a regular kitten, but was much stronger. It nibbled on my fingers and bit my nose. EVERYONE wanted to keep it! I just happened to have the number to the LSU Vet School in my phone (after finding an injured squirrel on campus once) so I called and they agreed to meet me there if I was willing to bring it to them. I got so attached to it in just an hour and a half, but I knew that it was for the best. They said they'd give it to someone who rehabilitates wild animals and then release it back into the wild. That's probably the best thing for it...hopefully it won't wander back and get trapped by the wrong people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails