Pages

Support Wikipedia

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Following my ancestors' footprints...

Okay, I stayed up until 1 a.m. perusing Ebay. Geesh. I'd rather have a cigarette or alcohol addiction, I think. Nah. Well, maybe my husband would prefer that. I just love to look through the craft section at the materials and dream about what I could make. I found lots of neat fabric. Cool stuff. I bid and won on a few. Now my imagination will have to make a tangible item because I will have this fabric in my possession soon. I feel drawn to quilting. My mother recently gave me a quilt hand-sewn my my great-grandmother. OMG. It was supposed to be my birthday present (coming up this Thurday, blah). You have no idea what that gift meant to me. I feel that I want to carry on that tradition. To make things to pass down to future generations...to leave a piece of myself behind. I just need to learn how to sew...funny, though, because one of my neighbors makes quilts. She's retired from LSU. She offered recently to teach me to sew. Is this path laid out in black and white or what?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails