Pages

Support Wikipedia

Monday, May 13, 2013

Double Happiness


This past Friday I helped a nonprofit animal rescue group get ready for a large fundraising yard sale. As I was going through boxes and sorting items into categories, I found this gem. I had to have it. I am a cat owner, rescuer, advocate and this necklace had kitty cats. I thought it was just beautiful so I purchased it. I went to a metaphysical shop on Sunday in search of a specific pendant following a dream I had (will post about that later). The shop owner took one look at this necklace and told me it was made of Jade, bone and stone. I did an image search today and learned that the symbol is Chinese for "Double Happiness" and is often given as a wedding gift. I just love it. 


Jade gemstone is one of the healing stones that has been used extensively in the past, especially in the ancient Eastern civilizations. This stone is therefore equally an ancient decorative mineral as it is a modern therapeutic tool. Jades are stones of peace and calm and can be extraordinary helpers and silent companions which are able to delicately promote their beneficial energies to help advance human consciousness to higher levels.

Due to their excellent general effectiveness, jade stones stand side by side with diamonds which are known as the most efficient gemstones of all. Owing to the widespread beliefs identifying jade as incarnation of the universal cosmic principles, jade has been treated as royal stone in many different cultures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails