Pages

Support Wikipedia

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Roofing nails do not belong in FEET

Today has not been the greatest. First I get summoned to jury duty starting the day after Isaac's birthday, then I step on a roofing nail and have to call 911. Mike is working 2 hours away and I don't know any of my immediate neighbors' numbers. It sucked. One paramedic entertained Isaac while the other one tried pulling it out. They said it would be a lot better if I could go to the hospital, but I wasn't about to pay for THAT ride. It's one of those nails that has ridges in it to keep it from coming out of the roof so it hurt a hell of a lot worse coming out than going in. I had tried to pull it out myself, but I'm a huge wuss and couldn't BEAR to do it any further. I screamed like a little kid and Isaac was crying because he didn't know what was wrong with his mommy. The guy pulling it out kept saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry". It sucked. Most embarrassing was having an ambulance in my driveway when all of my older more wise neighbors had already warned me time and again about running around without my shoes on. As soon as the ambulance left my almost 80-year-old neighbor came over to see what happened. As soon as I told her she gave me that knowing look and said "WEAR SHOES". I just hate wearing them when it's so nice out...I grew up running around barefoot, I guess I'm a backwoods hillbilly like that. I had to go to the Lake After Hours and wait for HOURS with a wild child to get a Tetanus shot & to have it cleaned out. Point is, I'm in pain. I can barely walk on my foot and it sucks. Then I have to figure this jury duty thing out because I do not have a babysitter that I can think of. Oh & I haven't sold anything of MINE at my store yet, Mike's gone & I'm just bummed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails