Pages

Support Wikipedia

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Easter


This weekend was busy. I helped my cousin, Crickie, with a yard sale at my mom’s house on Saturday...now I see why Ebay is so popular...it’s A LOT of work to set up, run, & take down a yard sale. Whew! Mike & Isaac had the whole day alone together. They came & visited for a while, but then Isaac started getting a heat rash (it was almost 89 degrees!)...so Mike had to take him back home. When I finally made it home, Isaac was loving his daddy so much that he couldn’t take his eyes off of him! Today Mike went to Wal-Mart to get groceries & stuff (while Isaac & I slept in). He came home with an Easter basket that he proudly assembled himself complete with blue grass & tons of new bath toys (bathtime is their father/son bonding time) for Isaac. I’m just so glad that they had that day together...the first official day that Isaac has had away from his mommy & vice versa. Later we decided to go to some open houses that our agent told us about. I’m happy to announce that we have narrowed our search down to ONE TOWN! We’ve chosen Prairieville for a variety of reasons. It really makes the search a lot less stressful...that & the fact that we aren’t in a time crunch this time!

I remember what a big deal Easter used to be growing up. It was the one day of the year that my Grandpa (actually, my brother & sister’s grandpa...he wasn’t really MY grandpa) would go to church. Their whole family would go to the grandparents’ house for a yearly Easter family reunion. I looked forward to it more than Christmas even! Once I turned 14 & moved away from Arkansas to move to Louisiana to be with my mom, that changed. No more going to church with the family, no more family reunions, no more seeing the family I grew up knowing...geesh, that sounds kind of depressing. The point is that I really haven’t celebrated Easter for a long time & don’t really know how to. When Isaac gets older he can get dressed up & go Easter-egg hunting with his cousins. Once we buy our house I’d like to find a church to start going to. That’s hard because most churches I’ve been to are the same exact thing...preachy preachy preachy. It sounds a little contradictory, but I know there has to be one out there that I could tolerate. I want Isaac to have the education & structure that having a church family provides. I really do owe a lot of credit for who I am today to my step-Grandmother who made sure we went to church every week & participated fully in everything. I may not like the preachiness of it all, but I want Isaac to be able to make his own decisions when he’s an adult about what he believes in. I at least want to provide the background for him to base his decisions on. I plan to teach him about the variety of religions & how there isn’t a superior religion or people & to beware of anyone who says otherwise. Anyway...this has turned into a tangent. Oh & I got a new Avon customer. I’m so excited simply because I tried out a marketing idea of my own & it worked!!! Woohoo! I am just getting started & have been advertising for customers, but somehow have 3 people signed up under me already (two of which are my Aunt & Cousin). I didn’t even set out to recruit people...if I get 2 more I’m a Unit Leader & will get bonuses...that’s nuts because I’m still in training! I’m really glad I signed up. I feel like I have a new purpose.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails