Pages

Support Wikipedia

Thursday, December 20, 2007

We all think Ours is the Only One

I have been reading A LOT about how to care for a baby. Every chance I get I'm looking up articles online or reading one of the zillion parenting magazines I'm subscribed to or books or whatever. It seems that I have a "high-needs" baby or a "hyperalert" baby. I thought all babies were high needs...Isaac needs to be held constantly. He naps in my arms & wakes up soon after I lay him down. People like to say he's "spoiled" already, but EVERYTHING that I have read says that a baby cannot be spoiled. I really don't understand how people can tell me to just put him down & let him cry it out. The greatest thing about him is his little personality. He is such a happy baby most of the time...of course he has to have my constant attention. His latest thing is blowing bubbles & kicking my hands with his feet. He smiles all of the time & "talks"...a lot. The cutest thing is when he talks in his sleep. I'm almost waiting for actual words to start coming out of his mouth while he's sleeping; i mean, he never talks like that when he's awake. It almost sounds like he's speaking a foreign language or something! Anyway, back to the "high-needs" thing. They say these types of babies are super aware & develop at a faster rate because of their intensity & determination to get their needs met. He's like me in the fact that he doesn't want to miss out on anything & will fight his sleep, but he's like Mike in that he will wake up at the crack of dawn full of energy. Whatever is the case, I feel like I'm doing a pretty good job...it just wears me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails