Pages

Support Wikipedia

Monday, July 24, 2006

Doting

Mike simply amazes me. He can be shown how to do something one time and become skilled at it. He has advanced so quickly in his career...his very unlikely career. With a degree in finance and a knack for investments, a construction career seemed so unbefitting...but that's where he's at. He works in the plants, toiling away, day after day in the unrelenting Louisiana heat. He comes home stinking and filthy, grinning from ear to ear, so ready to dish about the goings-on of his day. I love this guy. I love him, love him just LOVE him! He doesn't want to be a prisoner, trapped between four walls day after day, tied to a desk, pushing papers. I admire him. He did not follow the expected path laid out before him. I didn't understand at first, but now I see why. I respect his vision. Now we are dreaming and scheming together. So many plans, one step at a time.

I am learning to value the here and now with such ferocity...learning the art of balance and respecting that there is still so much to learn.

More importantly than anything, I am learning the things that really matter to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails