Pages

Support Wikipedia

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Progressive Revelation

I've been on a quest, it seems, for a religion that fits me...I pretty much grew up going to Southern Baptist and Pentecostle churches, was married to a Catholic and engaged to another Catholic and dated two Muslims, one Shi'ite and one Sunni. I've been to the Buddhist temple and talked w/ the monk there and I've been to a mosque while learning about Islam. Not too many months ago, I went to the Bahai Faith Unity Center (on Perkins for anyone local reading this) and learned some about their faith...which, so far, is the one I'm the most astounded by. They believe in the concept of "Progressive Revelation" that all religions at one time or another were what God intended us to follow...here's a quote to explain it better: "There can be no doubt whatever that the peoples of the world, of whatever race or religion, derive their inspiration from one heavenly Source, and are the subjects of one God. The difference between the ordinances under which they abide should be attributed to the varying requirements and exigencies of the age in which they were revealed. All of them...were ordained of God, and are a reflection of His Will and Purpose." --Baha'u'llah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails