Pages

Support Wikipedia

Friday, January 28, 2005

GOOD...this homework is stimulating my brain...

So I just started reading about the Vietnam War for my Political Psychology class and this quote from Harry Truman's Secretary of State, Dean Acheson, caught my attention: "The choice becomes one between courses all of which are hard and dangerous. The 'right' one, if there is a right one, is quite apt to be the most immediately difficult one...In these cases the mind tends to remain suspended between alternatives and to seek escape by postponing the issue." Hmmm...so interesting. This also reminded me of my notes for my Political Theology class from Monday. We are studying tragedy at the moment. There's a 19th century thinker named Hegel who sees Greek tragedy as "tragic" because it shows irreconcilable conflict...two great forces at work and both are good. Of course this gets me thinking about my Jeremy/Mike situation. I'm pulled in two directions and so I just sit in the middle...like it's a tug-o-war with a tie so noone goes anywhere! I'm just waiting it out...Mike is leaving for Texas, he wants to fly me out every chance I get to be near him...so he basically wants a long-distancerelationship. Jeremy is HERE and he's WONDERFUL...so much fun, so adorable, makes me feel great...what to do, what to do?

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails