Pages

Support Wikipedia

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dream big, that's my motto.

When I'm not dreaming up new ideas or just plain daydreaming, I like to read narrative nonfiction, preferrably about spirituality, philosophy or psychology, self-help books, poetry and how-to books. And I love to "blog", of course.

l currently sell books on Amazon and am working on creating my own website; www.bookphilosopy.com. I fill my days with conjuring up new stuff for our family to do.

My dream is to open an animal rescue organization. If it is meant to be, my husband and I would really love to have our own animal sanctuary. I think we've got a head start with our home zoo...seven kitties (one lives permanently indoors, the rest come and go): India, Lynx, Mila, Shiloh, Picasso. Nietze, & Harley, a parrot-Gigi, and a fish-Tiger.

I pride myself in being a genuine person. A believer in God and Karma, I do not follow organized religion...when I decided to put my life in God's hands and stop trying to figure out everything on my own, things just started falling into place. I believe wholeheartedly in the Golden Rule; The Serenity Prayer has gotten me through more than one of life's trials.

My life has been unconventional from day one. I’ve lived a sort of gypsy lifestyle up to this point. I managed to complete a four-year college degree over an eight year span and five college campuses later. My degree is in Political Science...although I'm more inclined to Political Activisim than anything.

I am now a wife and mother, a very new-to-me adventure. My son, Isaac, is almost three and my daughter, Liliana (Lili AH na...people here in the south pronounce it WRONG and it's so annoying), is just two months old. They are my greatest contribution to this world. My husband, Mike, is the only person in the world that can put up with me...he's a very hands-on father and I just adore him.

We purchased our first home two years ago...boy was it a mess. We are in the painfully slow and expensive process of rennovating it. Hopefully we will sell it one day for beau-coup cash. We are nature lovers and want to move somewhere with wide open spaces. We both grew up romping through the woods, me in the mountains of Arkansas and he in the bayou-land of Southeastern Louisiana. We want to have a lake for fishing and canoeing, trails for hiking and riding four-wheelers, a huge organic garden and to build a house that is almost complete self-sustaining.

While staying home with my children and pondering the meaning of life, I still struggle with the whole domesticity thing. I really don't cook. I love to buy cookbooks, though, and watch the Food Network. I like to EAT good food, sometimes I do cook and I actually do it pretty well if I do say so myself. I think I could say I'm in a cooking rut while my mental creativity is going towards other ventures...hopefully that will change eventually.

I prefer to spend my life learning and teaching my children, not being a slave to housework. I have a sign hanging in my kitchen for visitors "I understand the concept of COOKING and CLEANING; Just not as it applies to me". I'd describe my home as "happily lived-in" but, don't get me wrong, it's not dirty! The dishes may sit in the sink for a day or two while we spend our time flying kits and touring museums, but I'm not embarrassed if company decides to unexpectedly drop by.

My husband and I are very adventurous and like to dream big. We love to travel…this past year we visited Cancun, Mexico and Seattle, Washington. Next I'd like to go to Europe: Ireland, England, France...my ancestors' homelands. I am really into Genealogy and have managed to trace portions of my family tree back almost 1,000 years.

Please feel free to comment all over my blog...I want to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails