Pages

Support Wikipedia

Thursday, April 19, 2007

She passed away last night




My Grandmother passed away at 10:24 p.m. last night. She's had Alzheimer's for the last 4 or so years. The family had gathered together to go see her yesterday, but I didn't go. I have mourned for her the last few years & wondered why she kept hanging on. I've visited her regularly, even when noone else would. I feel that she is finally free...she's been locked inside her mind and her ailing body for too long. Every once in a while I'd see her reaching out for something in front of her. I'd ask what she was reaching for, but she'd just keep reaching. I asked her what she saw & she said "a mountain". I think she's been journeying in her mind to reach the top of this mountain & she finally reached it last night. I am at peace because I think she is now at peace. I miss her so much. She used to call me and stick the phone to the radio & make me listen to Michael Bolton. She always said that I reminded her so much of herself. To me, it was such a compliment because she was so beautiful & lady-like. I loved her long blonde hair that she swept on top of her head & her glittering blue eyes. Even while her body shriveled away, her eyes would still twinkle & she still giggled. She thought everything was hilarious, even while she lay there bedridden & condemned. Now I'm 3 months pregnant & I feel sad that she'll never get to see her first grandchild from me, but I understand that it was just her time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails