Pages

Support Wikipedia

Saturday, July 29, 2006

The nightmare

It began with me stooping down to pick up a white feather I saw lying on the ground. Then a white dove appeared. I tried to pet it with the feather. Like a cat, it sniffed it, catching the death scent of it's species. It began to fly at me, pecking and attacking me. Then the floor was unsteady and movable. It was dizzying. I have a recurring theme of flooding. This flooding recurs in several forms. Last nights dreams were turbulent and frightening. I looked out my dining room window to see the violent ocean rising. I was horrified and in disbelief of what I saw. I immediately realized I wasn't prepared for such a disaster and damned myself for not having a boat or a plan. I thought about my family in their homes and that I had not warned them to get a boat either. I planned my course of action, to pull the attic ladder down and climb up...my cats would have to follow on their own...but what if the water continued to rise...I didn't have time to find out the outcome because the dream shifted to even more havoc in my life. My brother's body was cut in half, only his torso laid beneath the water in the tub, where was the rest of him I wondered? I searched throughout the house for all that was missing. I checked back into the bathroom on my brother and this time he was halfway out of the water, looking and talking like normal, more of his lower body was restored, but this time intestines were exposed and unraveling in the water...the dream continued with twists and turns, people I had never met in and out of my house, lots of little arab children and their families playing in the puddles left in my yard. I ordered food for them and told them to go eat it at their own house. I wasn't prepared to deal with visitors. Scenes switched to a highway of hitchikers, we were on a type of exodus. I had many puppies and found others with them, i had to pet them all so they wouldn't be sad. Another scene was at a restaurant, their was a giant that was destructive. He needed help so he'd stop destroying, I did what I could for him. Then I was a ghost again, like the dream I had the night before. I was rejected by the living and sat outside on the sidewalk where I found other zombies. I told them, who cares if we are rejected from their groups, lets form our own group and go inside. We will defy them. I thought to myself that we were a pitiful sight, but we could find strength in one another.

Dream symbol: flood (www.soulfuture.com)

Interpretation:
An emotional overflow
Feeling overwhelmed or unable to cope
A deep release of emotions or a cathartic state
Failing to take charge of your life or circumstances over a long period of time
Feeling inundated or bombarded

Flood: Judgment on those who use whatever power they have to inflict violence on others; sin judged; overcome; to be overcome and unable to recover; enticed to sin and fall; overcoming sadness and grief; great destruction and trouble; worldly powers that are hostile; invading army; trial; persecution. (Ps. 29: 10; 32: 6; 93: 3; Jer. 46: 7, 8; Dan. 9: 26; Matt. 7: 25-27; Rev. 12: 15-16; Is. 28: 15-17; 43: 2; 59: 19; Gen. 6: 17) http://www.tehillah.org/dresymone.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails