Pages

Support Wikipedia

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I QUIT!!! I have dreams to pursue & it's now or never!

This just isn't the place for me. I'm like a soda bottle in a hot Louisiana car...expanding until I explode. I've got to spread my wings & not let fear or expectations of other people hold me back. I'd rather not explode & I'm sure the people around me would be better off if I didn't either. I left a jail cell for another jail cell...only difference is location & what we busy ourselves with. It's not the world I want to be a part of. It's like trying to fit the square toy into the round slot. It doesn't fit & it'll never fit. You could shave off the corners, but then it'd no longer be a sqaure, now would it? I like my edge. I want to keep it & I don't want to change to fit into the mold. I am setting myself free. Everything will fall into place. It always has & it always will. I put my life into God's hands & I trust the road he leads me down.

I DO have a vehicle for a plan, though. I've already signed up to sell Arbonne International. I plan to use my education & energy to sell to spas & salons. I will also sign up to substitute teach. This stage fright thing really has a lot to do with the environment. I've done so much in the past & been fine. I just need the right outlet. I want to teach elementary. Substitute teaching will give me a chance to try out different grades & to see if it's for me. If it IS then I can do an alternative certification program. I always used to want to be a teacher...I used to teach my legions of dolls (all named MARY of course...I have no idea why I was obsessed with that name). I would be an awesome teacher...it would probably teach me a thing or two about patience among other things.

Throughout my years of college I always had a few different jobs/projects going at once. I guess what I want most of all is flexibility. I don't like sitting day after day between four walls, stuck to a chair & surrounded by people with clashing personalities. I've always wanted to do freelance writing & photography. I'd be able to do that now. I can finally take leisure classes at LSU (I've been a union member for a while & have never had the chance to use it). AND I can study the Real Estate market & may even take the Real Estate exam. I still have my plan for staging houses & a contact in the market who is interested in helping me out...not to mention that Mike & I want to get our feet in the door & start flipping houses for profit! Oh & custom-building furniture. (Did I mention he built me a picnic table on Sunday?) I like choices. I like variety. I am a multi-fauceted person who needs many outlets & has many talents. I am not going to tuck myself miserably away in someone's damp, dingy jail cell anymore. I checked myself in, but it's time to check myself back out. Adios Amigos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails